Skip to content
3 Ways to Get a Divorce: hire an attorney, use a Mediator or DIY (do-it-yourself)
If you choose to hire a mediator or DIY, the steps below may help.
- Find the Clerk of Superior Court in your County: click here to find a clerk
- Ask the Clerk which forms you need to file a Divorce in your County: sample divorce checklist
- If you have minor children with your spouse, you will need to file a parenting plan. sample parenting plans
- Fill out all the forms accurately, sign and notarize as required
- Ask the Clerk if you have to take the documents to the courthouse or whether you can efile them from home (ask which efile system they use).
- Many metro counties use Odyssey for efiling (click here for Odyssey home page). Sample instructions for efiling can be found here.
- Contact the Clerk and ask about next steps.